[Asterisk-video] eyebeam + vlc + h263

noname noname marinasteriskemail at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 31 18:09:41 MST 2006

Hi,

  I connected analog phone to digium Wildcard TDM400P and i establish a call
  to the sip phone (eyebeam).

  But now i would like use   vlc    to capture video from my web cam, transcode it to the h263 (qcif)  and stream it to the eyebeam, so that i could have ''video call'' between analog phone and eyebeam.

  Can anybody please help me with this.

  According to other discussions
  http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-video/2006-July/000204.html
  http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-video/2006-July/000208.html
  http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-dev/2005-December/017539.html
  http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-dev/2006-May/020493.html

  i assume that h263 streaming from vlc to eyebeam should work.

  What is the real CLI command for vlc to convert video from web cam to h263 and stream it to eyebeam during the call? (i was playing around this but i didn't succeed)

  Is any special modificaton or configuration needed for Asterisk that this could be realized?

  I thank everybody in front for any kind of help.

  Best regards,
  Marin