[Asterisk-video] eyebeam + vlc + h264

matteo brancaleoni mbrancaleoni at voismart.it
Mon Jul 17 12:32:57 MST 2006

Hi,

I'm playing a bit with eyebeam under asterisk-trunk and vlc.
What I trying to do is to stream a file (for example a mp4 file)
with vlc to the video phone, from asterisk using vlc.

when it will work, wrting a app_vlc that get a file and streams
to the videophone should be easy, thanks to rtp infos from asterisk.

what I'm doing now with vlc is:
vlc -vv -I dummy <input_file> --sout-x264-verbose  --sout
'#transcode{venc=x264,vcodec=x264,vb=256,scale=1}:rtp{dst=192.168.10.1,port-video=29426,sdp=rtsp://server.example.org:8080/test.sdp}'

where dst is the RTP  ip & port  of the videophone (according to asterisk).

but of course no video is seen on eyebeam.
Even if ethereal voip calls analysis shows up the correct streams.

Perhaps is h264 in vlc that must be tuned in some way...

Anyone ever played with that?

Greetings, Matteo