[asterisk-users] 1.6.1 Voicemail users.conf

Dave Poirier dpoirier at mesd.k12.or.us
Wed Feb 17 10:50:27 CST 2010

Hello,
We recently upgraded our Asterisk box from 1.4 to 1.6.1. In both versions of
voicemail you can press 3 for advanced options, 5 to leave a message and
enter an extension to leave a voicemail. This feature worked fine under 1.4.
Now under 1.6.1 all the prompts are the same but when you enter the
extension it reads back the extension (or says the recorded name if present)
then goes straight back to the main menu with the following error on the
console

"app_voicemail.c:5019 leave_voicemail: No entry in voicemail config file for
'1562'"

I should note here that we use users.conf file. We don't have individual
entries in voicemail.conf.
Does anyone have a fix for this or suggestions to try?
Thanks,
Dave