[asterisk-users] 1.6.1 Voicemail users.conf

Jonathan Thurman jonathan at thurmantech.com
Wed Feb 17 23:32:35 CST 2010

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 8:50 AM, Dave Poirier <dpoirier at mesd.k12.or.us> wrote:
> Hello,
> We recently upgraded our Asterisk box from 1.4 to 1.6.1. In both versions of
> voicemail you can press 3 for advanced options, 5 to leave a message and
> enter an extension to leave a voicemail. This feature worked fine under 1.4.
> Now under 1.6.1 all the prompts are the same but when you enter the
> extension it reads back the extension (or says the recorded name if present)
> then goes straight back to the main menu with the following error on the
> console
> "app_voicemail.c:5019 leave_voicemail: No entry in voicemail config file for
> '1562'"
>
> I should note here that we use users.conf file. We don't have individual
> entries in voicemail.conf.
> Does anyone have a fix for this or suggestions to try?

I don't use users.conf, but here are some questions / things to try:

What exact version of 1.6.1 are you using?

Are you using the 'default' voicemail context?  If not, do you have
'searchcontexts' enabled in voicemail.conf?

Does it work if you add a dummy mailbox to voicemail.conf in the
'default' context?

Can you use the directory to forward a message to another user using
the directory?

-Jonathan