[asterisk-users] Polycom VVX1500 video working yet?

Steve Davies davies147 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 09:56:57 CST 2010

On 19 February 2010 15:28, Steve Davies <davies147 at gmail.com> wrote:
> [snip]
>
> I just upgraded to the new bootblock and 3.2.2 firmware, and these
> phones will now talk video to other devices. Nothing in the changelogs
> indicates why, but there is a definite jump up from the previous
> release of this phone.
>
> So, I duly stand corrected.
>
> OTOH, once upgraded, DHCP seems to be broken on these phones where
> static IP configuration is working perfectly :(

I now have to eat my words a second time.

Turns out that ISC's 3.1.1 dhcp server has a bug that is triggered by
the way the VVX1500 requests its IP address. Upgrade to 3.1.3 and the
VVX no longer has an issue with the DHCP server.

In summary, the Polycom VVX 1500 is a very nice (if expensive) piece
of kit, which seems to be playing nicely with Asterisk so far.

Regards,
Steve