[asterisk-users] MixMonitor/Queue and Tranfers

Darrin Henshaw darrin.asterisk at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 13:05:58 CDT 2009

Hello,

First off to lay the ground work, I’m running Asterisk 1.4.25, which was
recently upgraded from 1.2 about one month ago. We are running it on CentOS
4.7, on Dell PoweEdge 1950’s.

We are a small MSP(Managed Service Provider) providing
Network/Server/Desktop support for companies based out of the Carribean. The
problem I’m having is as the subject states deals with MixMonitor and
transferring.

When a call comes into our system, it is trunked through IAX to another
office, and then we do some setting of the callerid name based on the
callerid number(so the tech knows what client they are talking to), start
MixMonitor to record the call(helps tremendously in a he said she said
scenario) and also depending on the time drop the call into the right queue.
Then obviously the call is picked up and Bob’s your uncle hopefully the tech
can fix the issue.

The problem we are running into is when the initial tech cannot fix the
issue, or the person needs to speak to someone else. I can see in my CDR
records and queue logs where the call is transferred, but the second leg of
the conversation is not recorded. I can see on the console and through the
logs where MixMonitor stops recording and nothing else is recorded.

I’ve posted a bug here, https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=15426, but
haven’t heard feedback so I thought to post here. If you want configs I
should be able to provide them.

Now for some things we have tried:

1.       We’ve set the AUDIOHOOK_INHERIT variable however, that does not
work.

2.       The issue does seem to be limited to MixMonitor and the Queue
application, as in testing I setup mixmonitor on my extension dialed it from
outside the company(my cell phone) and transferred the call without stopping
the recording.

This did work fine in 1.2, however, switching to 1.4 seems to have
introduced this into our environment. Thank you for any assistance you can
provide.

Cheers,

Darrin Henshaw