[asterisk-users] Question regarding custom announcements in queues.conf

Christopher Aloi chris.aloi at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 11:27:03 CST 2009

Hey List,

Anyone know the correct way to override an announcement on a queue by queue
basis?

My goal is to have one of my queues say "press one to blah.." and no
position announcements  I have the jump from queue context working (the
press 1) I just need the correct message played to the user instructing to
press 1.

I have periodic-announce=filename in my queues.conf file under the correct
queue, but queue-periodic-announce is played to the caller, not my custom
file.  Here's the queue listed in queues.conf:

[EXAMPLE-QUEUE]
maxlen=20
reportholdtime=no
periodic-annouce = SD-PLS-HOLD
periodic-announce-frequency=10
announce-holdtime=no
strategy=ringall
joinempty=yes
retry=5
timeout=30
music=CUSTOM
autofill=yes
context=queue-jump
member => SIP/7909416026 at 192.168.13.32

When the call comes into this queue after 10 seconds the following occurs:

    -- Stopped music on hold on SIP/100-FOO-b781a4c0
    -- Playing periodic announcement
    -- <SIP/100-FOO-b781a4c0> Playing 'queue-periodic-announce' (language
'en')

What can I do to make this play the SD-PLS-HOLD wav I defined above?

Thanks!