[asterisk-users] Swift - detection of multiple digits unreliable on my system

Bob Hartwig asterisk-lists at bobjectsinc.com
Tue Feb 17 11:08:05 CST 2009

Hi all,

I just installed Cepstral and app_swift version 1.4.2 on my Asterisk
1.4.22.1 box.  It seems to work great with one exception.

If I play a test message with instructions to collect a maximum of 5
digits, it collects those 5 digits correctly if the user waits for the
message to complete before entering them.  But if the user barges in
with digits before the message completes, the detected digits are
incorrectly (but consistently) detected.  E.g., give the following AEL
context, if the user enters "60014" before the prompt completes,
saydigits says "612" every time.

context swiftTest {
        s => {
                answer;
                wait(1);
                swift("This is a test of Swift.  Please enter your five
digit zip code.",10000,5);
                saydigits(${SWIFT_DTMF});
                hangup;
        };
};

Does this sound familiar to anyone?  I am open to the possibility of
using swift -o to generate to a WAV file, then using that file with
read(), but I would like to avoid the delays and additional complexity
associated with that technique, if possible.

    Thanks!
    Bob Hartwig