[asterisk-users] E1 PRI to and from SIP screeching

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Wed Nov 12 12:17:27 CST 2008

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 12:25 PM, Peter Lindquist <peter.lindquist.th@
gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We have just set up trixbox latest with a Rhino r1t1 card, hooked up to
> a plain E1 PRI line. We call fine SIP to SIP, but as soon as we make a
> call from SIP to PSTN all sounds become unintelligible screeching or
> static kind of noise on both ends, when we call PSTN to SIP the PSTN
> side seemingly OK at least we hear no screeching sound, but the SIP side
> is a even worse screeching sound. To be certain all is as plain as
> possible we disabled all echo canceling, and we use only alaw.
>
> Any ideas on what this can be and how we start troubleshooting this?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Peter

I would contact Rhino first and see if they can help, give them SSH.

But you can do a "pri intense debug span 1" and see if there is anything
unusual.  You could check /var/log/messages as well as the Asterisk log.
Try "cat /proc/interrupts", not sure about rhino gear and interrupts.  Try
the card in a different slot.  Make sure your cable is correct.  Make sure
your configs are correct.....

--
Thanks,
Steve Totaro