[asterisk-users] E1 PRI to and from SIP screeching

Peter Lindquist peter.lindquist.th at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 11:25:58 CST 2008

Hi all,

We have just set up trixbox latest with a Rhino r1t1 card, hooked up to
a plain E1 PRI line. We call fine SIP to SIP, but as soon as we make a
call from SIP to PSTN all sounds become unintelligible screeching or
static kind of noise on both ends, when we call PSTN to SIP the PSTN
side seemingly OK at least we hear no screeching sound, but the SIP side
is a even worse screeching sound. To be certain all is as plain as
possible we disabled all echo canceling, and we use only alaw.

Any ideas on what this can be and how we start troubleshooting this?

Best regards,

Peter