[asterisk-users] queue welcome message

Tariq .. tareksawah at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 30 10:13:21 CDT 2008

the only suggestion i would have for you is to use a SINGLE file for your MOH .. and you record the welcoming note in the begining of the file.. so whenever a caller comes in .. they will hear the MOH .. which has the welcoming note before the music starts...
i know it's a stupid trick but it does the work for your needs...
Salam
Tarek Sawah

From: martin.schrott at tsy.atTo: asterisk-users at lists.digium.comDate: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 09:19:27 +0200Subject: [asterisk-users] queue welcome message

Hi all!

I would like to ask, how you realize the following in a call queue:

When a caller gets into a queue how can I play a welcome Message to this caller first, before he starts hearing the music?

We now use a playback before the caller gets into the queue. But when the queue is closed the caller heared already that somebody will pick up soon, but then gets into voicemail - because the queue has no members.

So it would be great to let the queue welcome the caller at first and then start music.
Is this possible?

specifiing a queue-youarenext does only work when the caller is not the first in line.
specifiing a periodic announce does play the message after the periodic-announce-frequency has been over.

Is there also something else we can use?

Thank you
Martin