[asterisk-users] Please Advice on Best High traffic fxo gateway/cards

James Mutuku jnmutuku at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 03:45:54 CDT 2008

Hi,

Probably I did not explain my situation before asking the question.
I have been working with epygi fxo gateways(www.epygi.com) for some
time. They are 6 port fxo gateways, but they fail("hang") when it comes
to high traffic on the 6 POTS, resulting to not-so-happy clients. In my
country, the main telco operator does not follow any "standards".
Different lines(POTs) from the same telco might have different
"disconnect settings*". With the epygi fxo gateways, you can only set a
system wide disconnect settings, not for individual lines(POTs). What
happens is when you configure the disconnect settings from one of the
lines, you get "disconnect problems(call never disconnects with time,
the whole system "hangs")".

*disconnect settings - (the way I understand the term)frequency values
that enable an fxo gw to detect the "call disconnection" from the line(POT).

Steve Totaro wrote:
> Some customers are locked into two year contracts.....
>
> That was the answer I got when adding four POTS lines to a system with
> four BRIs...
>
> Thanks,
> Steve Totaro
>
> On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 1:39 PM, James Mutuku <jnmutuku at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Michael,
>>
>> I agree. Here we use e1s(which have even more channels). Some clients
>> just don't want to change some if their old infrastructure.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Michael Graves wrote:
>>
>>> I just hafta ask, why does one face down a requirement for 48 FXOs?
>>>
>>> Would it not be more practical to have 2 T-1s dropped into the
>>> location?
>>>
>>> Michael

>>> --
>>> Michael Graves