[asterisk-users] Operator Console(s)/Shared Call Appearances

Lacy Moore - Aspendora aspendora at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 19:23:49 MST 2006

exten => 100,1,Dial(OP1&OP2&OP3&EX1)

where 100 is the extension the caller has dialed, OP1 is the first operator,
OP2 is the second, OP3 is the third, and EX1 is the executive.

on operator's phone, you could put a second line called (on the phone
display) COVER or 100 or whatever.  I do something similar in that I could
potentially be at several different locations, my main extension rings on a
second line on several other phones.  No one knows whether I am at the
office or at my home office.  I like it that way.  It keeps them guessing.

On 9/1/06, Mr. Jones <worldsense at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I'm back on this subject again. What's the best way to have both
> phones ring simultaneously across say 3 operators + the executive?
>
> TIA
>
> On 7/24/06, Jerry Jones <jjones at danrj.com> wrote:
> > Asterisk does not yet support bridged calls
> >
> > You can easily have a button labeled exec 1 ring on her phone at the
> > same time it rings the execs phone, and have one light if he is on
> > the phone
> >
> > Also FOP works great
> >
> > On Jul 23, 2006, at 3:42 PM, Mr. Jones wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks Sebastian -
> > >
> > > You're right - I have limited experience in this area :)
> > >
> > > I think the idea below is workable, except we actually want it to work
> > > in the other direction - sort of.
> > >
> > > Essentially we want the receptionist to screen the calls when she's
> > > available. The executive should have option to answer the phone if its
> > > after hours, or they know the receptionist isn't available (or perhaps
> > > they recognize the caller ID and just want to take the call).
> > >
> > > Can you think of how this might work? I suppose the executive could be
> > > a member of his own queue?

Lacy Moore
Aspendora, Inc.