[Asterisk-Users] FAX over PRI

Tom Christensen tomsmaillists at gmail.com
Sat May 20 06:55:29 MST 2006

Personally, I have to agree with Alexander on this...
The single PRI card is $6k, I might as well get online and buy a used cisco
as5300/5400, I can get those for $5-7k on ebay usually, they have DSPs, and
take all the load off the server itself, and I'd have the added benefit of
the thing being expandable, if someone suddenly needed 4 PRIs, just add a
line card.. yeah they're expensive, but cheaper than dropping $6k per PRI...
Of course, then I wouldn't be able to suggest asterisk to any small
businesses, because I just priced myself out of the market... but whatever.