[Asterisk-Users] FAX over PRI

Armin Schindler armin at melware.de
Sat May 20 03:32:14 MST 2006

On Fri, 19 May 2006, Alexander Lopez wrote:
> For me the answer is simple:
>
> 1	Not open source, IT is a thrill to be able to say what you did
> without Closed SW.

The drivers are GPL'ed open source. If your are referring to the firmware,
then yes, it is closed, but why would you need that open? With the provided
interface, you can do a lot of things...

> 2	Expensive
>
> 	Eicon Diva Server Analog- 4 Port Price: $1,695.00
> 	Most customers won't need that level of Fax anyway, it is
> usually a freebee tossed in as "Splenda" (ie Artificial Sweetener)

Sure, but when a professional reliable server with good features is needed,
you might be cheaper in the end when you don't need to work around the
problems you get with the cheaper cards.

> 3	Not that big of a deal, most people would have an investment in
> a fax machine anyway.

Possibly, but again, I didn't refer to that 'small' solutions.

Armin