[Asterisk-Users] PRI dialing IVR with inband DTMF

Alexander Lopez Alex.Lopez at OpSys.com
Fri May 19 11:06:23 MST 2006

Is it Phone -> ShoreTel -> Asterisk -> PSTN ???

________________________________

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Anthony
Cennami
Sent: Friday, May 19, 2006 1:47 PM
To: Doug
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] PRI dialing IVR with inband DTMF

Well the communication between the Asterisk and Shoretel is ISDN PRI.
If a station on the Shoretel calls a regular number (company
auto-attendant, cellphone voicemail, etc) and that number "ANSWERS" then
there do not appear to be any problems with DTMF.

When a station dials an IVR which does not "ANSWER" but does Early
Media, that stations DTMF is not being received by the PRI.  My
understanding is that this should typically be handled over the D
channel, but in a number of test calls I discovered that all DTMF is
being sent Inband from Shoretel over the PRI.

On 5/19/06, Doug <Doug at natel.net> wrote:

At 12:06 5/19/2006, Anthony Cennami wrote:
>I have a client who is using a Shoretel PBX.  This PBX apparently
>does not send DTMF information OOB, but instead sends this inband
>via the B-channel.
>
>This is traversing an Asterisk box via a PRI.  The user calls the
>IVR (1-800-CALL-DHL), receives audio, but is not able to present
>DTMF to engage the IVR.  With some light research it appears that
>the DSP is not activating until the call is answered.
>
>DTMF on the SIP side is set to RFC2833 -- calls all work fine when
>originating from a SIP phone connected to the same device.
>
>Any suggestions on what needs to be done to pre-emptively enable DSP
>and or early media on the PRI (outbound)??
>
>Thanks,
>
>Anthony
>
>---SIP---->Asterisk----PRI---->Shoretel

Hey Anthony,

I don't know if this will help you but, we had
a hard time getting touchtones (DTMF) to work until
we set both ends to "INFO" (sometimes called "SIP Info")

RFC2833, Inband, Auto, etc. did not work.

--
Anthony D Cennami