[Asterisk-Users] VoiPSupply Dot Com

Cory Andrews Cory at VOIPSupply.com
Thu May 26 18:33:26 MST 2005

Karl, first off I apologize for any inconvenience on your recent order.  I
will take a look at your transaction to see where things may have gone awry.
We do make mistakes, but we strive to not make the same mistake more than
once.  Secondly, I apologize to the list moderator for the pseudo-commercial
nature of this post.  The grievance was aired on this list, and I felt
compelled to respond to this list and I realize much of this may be more
appropriate for the BIZ list.

With respect to Cisco phone licensing, I myself sometimes become confused.
Cisco has retooled this program a few times.  Different resellers have
access to various licensed versions, including CallManager (CH1)
,CallManager Express (CCME) and the newer SIP licensed units.  We turn over
stock on Cisco phones very rapidly and source stock from all over the globe.
If we happen to have a large stock position of phones that include a
particular type of license, we try to be proactive in updating the
individual product page to reflect the version of the phones we are
currently selling.  So you are not disappointed in the future, unless we are
specifically advertising that the phones include a specific version license,
best to assume you are going to get the Spare (unlicensed) version.  To my
knowledge, none of the Cisco models come with SIP preloaded, as Cisco's
vested interest lies in SCCP the native protocol of their CallManager
platform.  Better yet, call one of our inside sales reps and ask us to ship
or source the specific version of phone you require for your application.

If you get someone named "Damon", hang up, check to make sure you are
dialing the right number, and call again.  We have a lot of new hires, and I
have trouble keeping track of all the new faces, but I am certain there is
no one in our employ by the name of Damon.  We do have a Ramon and a Darren.
If you can give me a positive id here I will see to it they are fired by
9:05AM tomorrow.  Just kidding,

That being said, due to the growth of the VOIP industry, and the resultant
growth of our company and customer base, we spend a great deal of time
retooling our infrastructure and instituting the necessary manpower,
policies and procedures to efficiently and correctly process larger volumes
of customer orders.  It is a challenge to orchestrate the logistics
sometimes but I can assure you we want our customers to value our service.

It is our policy to only ship credit card orders to an address that is on
file with with the card issuing bank.  If we relied solely on our merchant
clearing house to authorize credit card transactions, we would be out of
business in short order.  We receive countless fraudulent transactions, and
therefore we must manually verify the identity of the card holder in many
cases.  If the ship to: address is not on file with the card issuing bank,
we quickly contact the customer and ask them to call their issuing bank and
get the alternate address on file.  Once that has been completed, the order
is released to shipping.  If your order fits this scenario, that may have
accounted for the unfortunate, but necessary, delay.

Many of our customers have had to endure some lengthy backorder/delays on
popular products because of supply issues with our vendors.  We have great
relationships with our vendors and I spend most of my day on the phone
performing minor miracles in an effort to keep the supply chain moving.

We appreciate the kind words from what appear to be the majority of
respondents to Karl's post.  To any and all who feel we may have dropped the
ball, we hope you'll give us a second look.  In appreciation for the
positive reinforcement from our customers on the list, and with respect to
Karl's grievance and constructive criticism, I have created a discount code
which will remain active until the end of the month.  If anyone reading this
has equipment needs, and wants to save 10% , simply enter the discount code
SORRYKARL in the appropriate field during the checkout procedure.  Like I
said, this code will be valid until the end of the month, good for WEB
ORDERS ONLY (please don't ask your sales rep to honor the discount if you
are phoning in your order, these guys rely on commissions for a portion of
their income).  The discount code is case sensitive so make sure you lock
the caps.

I wish you all continued success in your telephony endeavors!
Cory Andrews
Partner / Purchasing
VOIPSupply.com
454 Sonwil Drive