[Asterisk-Users] VoiPSupply Dot Com: Epilogue

Cory Andrews Cory at VOIPSupply.com
Fri May 27 12:01:59 MST 2005

I promise this will be the last chapter in the story, at least from my
end.  If we could only get George Lucas to say the same thing about the
godawful new Star Wars movies he keeps cranking out.....

I did some research this morning, interviewed the involved parties on
our end, and have come to the following conclusions.

We did indeed make an error on our end.  When the sales rep received the
purchase order from Ken-Ton, he failed to notice they had supplied an
alternate shipping address, and the order was put in with their default
shipping address on file.  By the time the error was realized, perhaps a
day's delay was incurred, and then we moved swiftly to correct the
error.  All through this process, Darren claims to have been in constant
contact with Ken-Ton Electronics to advise them of the situation.

Even in lieu of our poor performance, the customer did see fit to
purchase additional equipment from us.  On their next order, Darren (the
sales rep who committed the clerical error on the mis-shipped earlier
order) took it upon himself to hand deliver the equipment to the
customer site, and to offer his personal apology for the less than
perfect service the first go-round.

In the course of Darren's conversation with the customer, the subject of
credit terms arose.  Darren relayed to the customer that we generally do
not offer terms to our customers, which is, for the most part, a true
statement.  I suspect that the principals at Ken-Ton Electronics may
have taken personal offense to our broad policy of not offering credit,
and may in fact have concluded that we did not find them worthy of credit.

Unfortunately, due to the volatile nature of technology business, it is
exceedingly difficult for us to make sound decision regarding the
extension of credit to customers.  We are a quite large company, with
annual sales for 2005 projected to approach $30 million in hardware
sales, but at the same time we are privately funded and do not rely at
this point on outside investment or venture capital.  Having written
down signifigant bad debt at the end of 2004 from customers who had
stellar D&B scores but still managed to find ways to bankrupt their
companies, we made a decision only to extend credit to very large
accounts, and only those we felt were completely risk free.  We knew we
would perhaps lose or alienate some customers in the transition, but the
long term pros far outweighed the short term cons.

In summary, we are still a bit amazed that the situation resulted in
such a lengthy, public diatribe from Mr. Vesterling.

Karl is and important and very busy fellow, and he has taken the liberty
of sending me some photos of himself hobnobbing with other very
important and very busy people, reminding me "*_Look...  You're in my
hometown, and I'm not your average Buffalo Ambassador:"

_*I'm not sure what the point is there either, but here they are for
your viewing pleasure.

Karl with former house speaker Newt Gingrich
http://www.voipsupply.com/images/karl1.jpg

Karl with luminary Jack Quinn
http://www.voipsupply.com/images/karl2.jpg

We realize that time is money, and we will continue to improve our
process with the ultimate goal of 100% customer satisfaction.

Cory Andrews
Senior Partner
VOIPSupply.com
V: 800.398.VOIP X22