[Asterisk-Users] Distinctive Ring Cadences

Mike Meyer mjmeyer at gendesign.com
Wed Aug 25 14:41:58 MST 2004

Hello All,

	I am looking for a way to do priority call ringing. That is when a
caller places a call to another party, they can indicate that the call
is a priority and get a different ring to occur (ring cadence) on the
called parties phone. This would be synonymous to an intercom ring on a
key system.

	After some investigation, I have come across the ability of the GS
BT101 which will ring differently based on the CID. But, this doesn't
allow the caller to control the ring.

	I have uncovered some past discussions
(http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2002-December/006378.html) and (http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-dev/2003-June/000916.html ) regarding patches to support SIP phones and have no idea if they are implemented features or not.

If anyone knows, please let me know.

Thanks,
Mike Meyer