[Asterisk-Dev] How the Alert-Info mod works

Peter Grace pgrace at fierymoon.com
Wed Jun 18 17:01:22 MST 2003

OK, here's the skinny on how the patch works:

The Alert-Info: header is set in module chan_sip, to
whatever contents there are in variable ALERT_INFO.  An
example of how
to use this on cisco 7960/ata-186s would be:

exten => 1002,1,SetVar(ALERT_INFO=3)
exten => 1002,2,Dial,SIP/pete|Ttr
exten => 1002,3,Voicemail(u1002)

In this case, the SetVar will cause ALERT_INFO to have 3 in
it's data
portion..  When the Dial commences, chan_sip sees the
ALERT_INFO
variable and pipes "3" into the Alert-Info: header on the
INVITE sent
to the SIP phone.

Now, if we were following the RFC, it'd be more like:

exten =>
1002,1,SetVar(ALERT_INFO=http://www/christina_aguilera=dirty
.wav)
exten => 1002,2,Dial,SIP/pete|Ttr
exten => 1002,3,Voicemail(u1002)

Which would cause Christina's FINEST WORK (har har) to pour
out of the
SIP phone's speaker.

Any questions?

Pete

- - ---
FLASH:
Princeton Professor threatened for research?
http://www.anti-dmca.org
- - ---
|Peter Grace                  Phone: 800-467-0192
|Chief Executive Officer       Cell: 484-919-1400
|Fiery Moon
|pgrace at fierymoon.com
|IRC: km-	AIM: KaiKnight

---