[Asterisk-Users] unknown SMS Messages

Martin Holler holler_martin at gmx.net
Wed Aug 25 13:54:02 MST 2004

Hello,

I would like to receive short messages. The relevant lines taken from
extensions.conf are these:

exten => 500,1,Answer
exten => 500,2,Wait,2
exten => 500,3,SMS(default,a)
exten => 500,4,Hangup

When I send a short message to the extension with the number 500 the
following lines are written to the CLI:

-- Executing Answer("Zap/1-1", "") in new stack
-- Executing Wait("Zap/1-1", "2") in new stack
-- Executing SMS("Zap/1-1", "default|a") in new stack
-- SMS TX 93 00 6D 00 00 00...
-- SMS TX 92 01 FF 6E 00 00...
-- SMS TX 92 01 FF 6E 00 00...
-- SMS TX 92 01 FF 6E 00 00...
-- SMS TX 92 01 FF 6E 00 00...
-- SMS TX 92 01 FF 6E 00 00...
-- SMS TX 92 01 FF 6E 00 00...
-- SMS TX 92 01 FF 6E 00 00...
-- SMS TX 92 01 FF 6E 00 00...
-- SMS TX 92 01 FF 6E 00 00...
-- Channel 0/1, span 1 got hangup

I also tryed sending the short message from another number which gave
me the following output:

-- Executing Answer("Zap/1-1", "") in new stack
-- Executing Wait("Zap/1-1", "2") in new stack
-- Executing SMS("Zap/1-1", "default|a") in new stack
-- SMS TX 93 00 6D 00 00 00...
-- SMS RX 91 16 04 0B 81 10...
-- SMS TX 95 02 00 00 69 00...
-- SMS RX 94 00 6C 0B 81 10...
-- Executing Hangup("Zap/1-1", "") in new stack

I do not know what all these lines beginning with "SMS" mean but I
would like to understand them. I would be happy if someone could
explain them to me or could give me a pointer to some documentation.

At the end I would like to see the short messages in
/var/spool/asterisk/sms and the logs in /var/log/asterisk/sms (or a
subdirectory of these directories) as it is explained on
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+cmd+Sms.

This document also mentions a script called "smsin". I do not have
it. Where can I find it?

Greetings,
 Martin