[asterisk-dev] Re: chan_skinny - SCOigo is now TROLLING (jason justman)

Paul Davidson planac at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 19:35:13 MST 2006

> Message: 8
> Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 18:35:25 -0700
> From: jason justman <jason at jasonjustman.com>
> Subject: Re: [asterisk-dev] chan_skinny - SCOigo is now TROLLING
>

> Jeremy McNamara wrote:
> > jason justman wrote:
> >
> >> thats for the operator attendant, not a station
> >
> > Okay, that still shows that the SCCP protocol deals with the busy
> > lamp, prior to chan_sccp's implementation.
> >
> no that shows that cisco's web interface deals with the busy lamp - not
> the stations which are running SCCP.  unless you think web browsers are
> now capable communicating over http, https, and perhaps SCCP?  that'd be
> amazing.

Not that I really want to get embroiled in this- but speaking as one who
actually *owns* CCM (and has from 3.3 up to now)- Attendant Console is *NOT*
a Web application.  It's partially Java based, and uses the cisco TAPI
interface to directly control a 79XX series phone.  I can't say I've
investigated the actual protocol it uses- *BUT*, I have had shared line
appearances on my CCM attached 7960 for the last 3 years (3.3.1 up to 4.0.1)
- and it has absolutely indicated status of the shared line- 'hints', in
current parlance.  So yes, SCCP has supported busy indication for some time
now.  I'd stand witness to it- but the technical documentation no doubt
exists on it- even if Jeremy's reference might be off.

-pbd