[asterisk-dev] Re: chan_skinny - SCOigo is now TROLLING (jason justman)

jason justman jason at jasonjustman.com
Wed Apr 5 19:40:13 MST 2006

Paul Davidson wrote:

> Not that I really want to get embroiled in this- but speaking as one
> who actually *owns* CCM (and has from 3.3 up to now)- Attendant
> Console is *NOT* a Web application.  It's partially Java based, and
> uses the cisco TAPI interface to directly control a 79XX series
> phone.  I can't say I've investigated the actual protocol it uses-
> *BUT*, I have had shared line appearances on my CCM attached 7960 for
> the last 3 years ( 3.3.1 up to 4.0.1) - and it has absolutely
> indicated status of the shared line- 'hints', in current parlance.  So
> yes, SCCP has supported busy indication for some time now.  I'd stand
> witness to it- but the technical documentation no doubt exists on it-
> even if Jeremy's reference might be off.
>
> -pbd

"web application" in the context it's not a physical station sitting on
my desk.    you are correct, this discussion has seemed to taken more of
a turn than intenteded, but i believe the original statement was not if
SCCP had it, but if chan_skinny had it before chan_sccp - the CCM was
intended to just be regarding who would have a reference implementation.