[asterisk-biz] Call Center Solution

Nathan Shadle nathan.shadle at gmail.com
Thu May 15 13:46:44 CDT 2008

Justin,

I have a good deal of experience with Aheeva.

I agree that they're a very robust and phenomenal software. You can do
almost anything you want with it. If you can have the toolset available
for php, mysql, and very low-level Asterisk, there's nearly nothing it
can't do well from a call-center perspective. The downside is it's very
complicated. They require you to take extensive training (I think it's
included in your prices) before you can turn up a system.

I will disagree that it's incredibly expensive, but it all depends on
your frame of reference. My frame #1 is that I work for a dial-tone
provider who has more marketshare than the incumbant Baby Bell in many
of our markets. $50K is "dirt cheap". Frame #2 is that I owned a small
business (car rental franchise), and $5-15K is small potatoes. Less than
a week's revenue. But to a small Asterisk service provider, $5K might be
5 months revenue stream. Make sure to take that into mind.

Six months ago (I can't speak to any improvements since then), their
customer service was problematic. Getting someone to return phone calls
or look at my problem was a big issue. Sometimes days. Once I achieved
that, however, the engineering team was top rate.

Just my two cents.

Nathan