[Asterisk-biz] sixtel.net...

Stephen Misel steve at miselconsulting.com
Fri May 6 06:58:05 MST 2005

Tim Mattison wrote:

>I had a problem with my AMEX too.  They kept telling me that I was short
>a digit.

"Short a digit" really sums this operation up.  Getting ANYTHING to
happen with SixTel seems to require an act of congress.  I've seen DID
requests take almost a month.  Usually, it's a week or two, unless you
happen to find "sixtel9" on Instant Messenger and beg for it.

I made the mistake of using some of their DID's for business purposes.
I realized this was a terrible error in judgement on my part when the
most important DID got routed to someone else.   The DID in question
still "appears" to route to me in their customer portal.  They are still
billing me $10.49/month for it.  I guess they're billing someone else as
well.

I noticed this Wednesday evening around 6pm EST.  I sent an instant
message to their support IM account, he asked for the DID and promptly
disappeared.

I opened a trouble ticket Thursday morning.  According to the rules of
engagement for outage situations, I made it an "emergency" priority.

It's been over 24 hours and the only updates to the ticket have been me
asking them why nobody seems to review tickets.  This morning I just
decided to give up and take my business elsewhere.

Here's the ticket (until they decide to kill it):

http://www.sixtel.net/tickets/view.php?ticket=xojnikrapqofyaspej

*Basic Information*
Ticket ID: 	xojnikrapqofyaspej
Issue: 	Customer ID stevemisel / DID 919-249-4459 has disappeared?!
Priority
Login: 	unknown
E-mail: 	steve at miselconsulting.com

*Notes