[Asterisk-biz] Is such a thing as a analog (or even IP) video door entry system available?

Dean Collins Dean at collins.net.pr
Fri May 6 06:15:14 MST 2005

In addition is there anyone out there who knows how to implement the
video stream to a website, the idea being that I might be able to view
my front door while not at the house by directing the audio as an
incoming call and then transferring it to my laptop wherever I might be.

My thinking in the past was just to get an external IP web cam and a
regular analog door phone, when someone buzzed the front door I could
just view the door via a browser.(I also noticed that a few web cams
have relays for remote release of door strikes etc).

It would be nice if it was all integrated though.

Cheers,

Dean