[Dundi] "Regarding the backup/failover solution"

John Mullinix john at cohutta.com
Tue Aug 18 10:06:09 CDT 2009

Sandesh,

If you are running your own private cloud, you can set up two machines as primary and peer all of your peers with those two machines.  In Dundi.conf, set TTL to 2.  By default, I think it is set to 32 hops.  Now when a machine requests a route, it will query both primary machines which will, in turn query all of the other machines in your cloud.  You will receive a route from both servers and Dundi will choose one and make the call.  By setting the hop count (TTL) to 2, there is no looping between the two servers.

--

John Mullinix
Cohutta.Com, Inc.
john at cohutta.com