[Dundi] dundi with multiple contexts, server farm with

Joey Korkames joey at llnw.com
Wed Feb 6 16:47:11 CST 2008

Hi Joe,

I too am using asterisk & dundi on VMs. I use static ip & hostnames for all of my dundi members so I am curious as how you keep your dundi.conf files in order.

As far as getting more deterministic/smart routing out of DUNDi going, you've only got three things you can pick from:
   -The dundi community you're peering with/searching against (you can make up your own private ones, maybe one per app) (TX)
   -The uri you are looking up/broadcasting (maybe you should just use the CID number as EXTEN instead of the PSTN nmber of your application?) (TX)
   -The weight you are assigning to your broadcasted URI's (RX)

There's no built in channel for communicating variables, but you can try using the three above to approximate it.

You can use special DNIS/CID-depending logic on your master box at lookup time to select a specific community to search against using FUNC(DUNDILOOKUP), but the only way to get the peered members to give a variable dundi reponse is to use the variable-weight-patch (http://www.asteriskpbx.com/node/48321 - http://svn.digium.com/view/asterisk?view=rev&revision=58304 ). Perhaps on all your virtual machine peers you can assign a SHELL() command that will do an out-of-channel communication between your master box and vms to share the DNIS/CID and the vm's SHELL program could then perform it's own logic and answer by returning the DUNDi weight for that particular lookup accordingly.

Even when making the weight variable, the best you can do using either FUNC(DUNDILOOKUP) or switch => dundi is to pick the unconditional winner. I don't know if this will be a problem for your application "mesh" or not. Asterisk 1.6 seems like it will have more ability to browse through several dundi matches and let your dialplan pick the winner - I have not tested the preview release yet.

Joey Korkames

Limelight Networks
www.limelightnetworks.com