[Dundi] dundi with multiple contexts, server farm with variable ips

JR Richardson jmr.richardson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 21:43:16 CST 2008

>  I have a fairly basic dundi configuration setup right now, which
> involves a single asterisk+dundi pbx, which routes all calls to a
> large set of virtual machines with variable ips.  All of the virtual
> machines are also running asterisk and automatically peering up with
> the main dundi server when they come online.

I don't understand what you are trying to accomplish here, different
applications running on virtual servers with variable IP's?

The DUNDi mechanism is a static peer event.  You have to specify MAC
id's and IP addresses for each peer.  The variability is within the
DUNDi lookups, not the peers.  I have various DUNDi peers with
specific applications like voicemail servers, conference servers, auto
attendant servers that use variable DUNDi lookup contexts like this:

In my dialplan server, call comes in for 2145551212, this call is
going to an AA, i send the call to
[aadundilookup]
switch => DUNDi/aa

a call for voicemail, i send to
[vmdundilookup]
switch => DUNDi/vm

a call for a conference bridge, i send to:
[confdundilookup]
switch => DUNDi/conf

In dundi.conf i have certain peers set to include/permit only vm or aa
or conf lookups so I don't query all application servers is each
dundilookup.

Also check out:

http://www.voip-info.org/users/813/47813/images/1654/DUNDi_So_Easy.pdf

Hope that helps.