[Dundi] dundi with multiple contexts, server farm with variable ips

Josef Novak josef.robert.novak at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 09:13:53 CST 2008

Hi,
  How can I setup a single, central dundi server to route incoming
calls to different groups of peers based on dnid and/or callerid?

  I have a fairly basic dundi configuration setup right now, which
involves a single asterisk+dundi pbx, which routes all calls to a
large set of virtual machines with variable ips.  All of the virtual
machines are also running asterisk and automatically peering up with
the main dundi server when they come online.

  At the moment this configuration works very well, however we've
slowly begun to realize that it doesn't quite provide all the
functionality we would like.  In particular, right now all calls that
come in through the dundi server (only entry point) get routed to
every peer, regardless of the application or eventual destination of
the call.  Every peer has a copy of all possible applications, and
call routing or application is then determined on the individual peer,
based on the incoming dnid and the callerid.  Right now the number of
applications is small, but we forsee this to be something which will
begin growing soon.

  What I would like to do is setup my dundi routing configuration such
that, based on dnid and/or callerid, an incoming call is routed to a
particular group of dedicated virtual machines designed specifically
to serve a particular application.

  My intuition is that I should be able to set up specific contexts
for each of the numbers that I want to route, and then setup the
dundi/asterisk configurations on the individual virtual machines such
that they announce the application they are designed to serve whenever
/ wherever they peer up with the main dundi server.  Then, when a call
from 0120 444 555 comes in, the dundi server will route that to one of
the peers configured with the application associated with that
particular number.

  Any pointers on how to achieve this would be greatly appreciated!

  Oh, and I've just got through reading a great overview of dundi:
http://www.astricon.net/files/usa06/Friday-General_Conference/JR_Richardson_Whitepaper.pdf

  It may be that all the information I need is actually in the above
whitepaper, and I just haven't quite finished digesting the contents
yet.

  Thanks,
    JOe