[Dundi] Multihomed machines and dundi

steve at daviesfam.org steve at daviesfam.org
Mon Oct 25 09:57:45 CDT 2004

Hi,

I notice that the "${IPADDR}" in Dundi mappings is the IP address
associated with the machine's hostname.

I'd like to tweak Dundi's responses and substitute a different and better
address depending on the originator of the lookup query.

So if someone in 165.165/16 queries me, I want to use my address on that
network and suchlike.

I suppose another approach would be to leave Dundi alone and wait util the
actual IAX2 NEW arrived and then have IAX2 send back a "divert" to try to
get the call to be reattempted to a better local address.

Thoughts?

Steve

PS: Doesn't this use of the address in the protocol mean that Dundi is
going to struggle to work through NAT?  And the caching of the IP address
makes for problems with dynamic addresses too.