[Asterisk-video] mcumediaserver vs app_conference

Sergio Garcia Murillo sergio.garcia at fontventa.com
Mon Aug 22 11:10:39 CDT 2011

Hi Giuseppe,

Answers inline.

BR
Sergio

El 22/08/2011 17:10, Giuseppe Ravasio escribió:
> Hello,
> I'm trying to do some SIP videoconferencing but I cannot understand
> actual features of mcumediaserver and (partially because I've not yet
> tryed it) app_conference.
>
> First of all anyone could point me to some document that gives actual
> implemented features in svn versions?
> To be more specific:
>
> 1) I cannot understand if mcumediaserver implements some sort of VAD
> and if broadcast feature on mcuweb is working?
Currently, it does not support VAD, but it can be implemented if there
is interest in it.

About broadcast feature, yes it is fully working rigth now (also with
conference recording).

> 2) There are some sort of *in conference* commands to give from the
> dialpad?

I have not received any requirement in this area up to now. What
commands do you think that are needed?

> 3) And what about FLASHSTREAMER support? I tryed compiling it with
> gnash dev installed but i get
>
> /usr/local/src/mcu/media/build/debug/xmlrpcflash.o: In function
> `StartPlaying(_xmlrpc_env*, _xmlrpc_value*, void*)':
> /usr/local/src/mcu/media/src/xmlrpcflash.cpp:6: multiple definition of
> `StartPlaying(_xmlrpc_env*, _xmlrpc_value*, void*)'
> /usr/local/src/mcu/media/build/debug/xmlrpcmcu.o:/usr/local/src/mcu/media/src/xmlrpcmcu.cpp:1275:
> first defined here

Flashstreamer was a feature I started to develop a while ago. It allows
playing a flash movie and encode the resulting audioo and video and play
it to a videophone. It will allow to dynamically create content instead
of using pre-recorded videos. It could even react to user interaction
(imagine playing a flash game from a softphone using the dtmf keys for
example).