[Asterisk-video] mcumediaserver vs app_conference

Giuseppe Ravasio giuseppe_ravasio at modiano.com
Wed Aug 24 06:52:32 CDT 2011

On 08/22/2011 06:10 PM, Sergio Garcia Murillo wrote:
> Hi Giuseppe,

Hi Sergio,

>> 1) I cannot understand if mcumediaserver implements some sort of VAD
>> and if broadcast feature on mcuweb is working?
> Currently, it does not support VAD, but it can be implemented if there
> is interest in it.

I think that this is a must for a real use of the videconference.
Even PIN access for the conference would be very useful

> About broadcast feature, yes it is fully working rigth now (also with
> conference recording).

I cannot make it work... every time i try to crete a new broadcast from
mcuweb it gives me no error, returns to the home page and nothing has
been created?!? what do you think i'm doing wrong?

>> 2) There are some sort of *in conference* commands to give from the
>> dialpad?
> I have not received any requirement in this area up to now. What
> commands do you think that are needed?

I do not really need commands but given the fact that there is no VAD it
could be useful having a way for the user to move someone in the main
box, it cold be useful too that the master could mute/unmute others.

Last but not least I think that having a OSD with the sip name of every
participant would be a big improvement.

Thanks
Beppe