[Asterisk-video] mcumediaserver vs app_conference

Giuseppe Ravasio giuseppe_ravasio at modiano.com
Mon Aug 22 10:10:51 CDT 2011

Hello,
I'm trying to do some SIP videoconferencing but I cannot understand
actual features of mcumediaserver and (partially because I've not yet
tryed it) app_conference.

First of all anyone could point me to some document that gives actual
implemented features in svn versions?
To be more specific:

1) I cannot understand if mcumediaserver implements some sort of VAD and
if broadcast feature on mcuweb is working?

2) There are some sort of *in conference* commands to give from the dialpad?

3) And what about FLASHSTREAMER support? I tryed compiling it with gnash
dev installed but i get

/usr/local/src/mcu/media/build/debug/xmlrpcflash.o: In function
`StartPlaying(_xmlrpc_env*, _xmlrpc_value*, void*)':
/usr/local/src/mcu/media/src/xmlrpcflash.cpp:6: multiple definition of
`StartPlaying(_xmlrpc_env*, _xmlrpc_value*, void*)'
/usr/local/src/mcu/media/build/debug/xmlrpcmcu.o:/usr/local/src/mcu/media/src/xmlrpcmcu.cpp:1275:
first defined here

I'm trying to understand how thoose products works and in such a case I
would be glad to write some doc.

Thanks
Giuseppe