[Asterisk-video] AppConference important question

Borja SIXTO borja.sixto at i6net.com
Sun Jan 10 08:31:12 CST 2010

Hi Salvatore,

app_conference (or app_konference) were the result of a project called
videoswitch.
There is no transcoding, only video switching.

To be be able to transcode, you should use app_transcode, but for the
moment it only support (h263p (I/O) and Mpeg4 (I) (h263 rfc2190 isn't
fully supported, it needs modification).

Another way can be to use the Sergio's MCU (it integrate a video mixer
and transcoder).
It is a base an probably need some modifications to respond to your
requirements.

In both cases, you don't have a turn key solution for the moment.

Regards,

Borja