[Asterisk-video] AppConference important question

Steve Kann stevek at stevek.com
Sun Jan 10 09:04:14 CST 2010

Actually, app_conference wasn't based on videoswitch (not sure what that
is), but Borja is correct in that it doesn't transcode or "mix" video,
it only provides (with some options) for switching video.

The passages Salvatore quotes below describe the architecture for mixing
audio.  In the video case, for multi-party conferences, it implements a
"follow-the-speaker" switching algorithm, so generally all parties see
the video stream of a whomever is speaking.

-SteveK