[Asterisk-video] h263 again

Fri Jan 11 06:34:11 CST 2008

Hi Sergio!

Do you know what version of H.263 is used for 3G video calls?

What is coming out of the 3G stream, H.263v1, v2 or v3 ? Is this static
or is there a handshake to agree on the video protocol?

I see in h324m_gw:

                 case MEDIA_VIDEO:
                         /*Check it's H263 */
                         if (FrameGetCodec(frame)!=CODEC_H263)
                                 /* exit */
                                 return NULL;
                         /* Set video type */
                         send->frametype = AST_FRAME_VIDEO;
                         /* Set codec value */
                         send->subclass = AST_FORMAT_H263_PLUS | mark;

Thus, as RTP encoding H263-1998 is used - correct? If I understand
correctly this could mean that the stream is either H.263v2 or H.263v1
encoded as H263-1998. Is my assumption correct?

thanks
klaus