[Asterisk-video] Asterisk basic video questions

Borja SIXTO borja.sixto at i6net.com
Fri Dec 12 04:15:00 CST 2008

Here some answers to your questions,

1) Yes the Sergio application are compatible with the last stable
Asterisk (if you need to play and record video files : app_mp4).

2) Personally, I use Kapanga  and eyebeam, both works fine (ekiga for
linux is Ok too, but you need the change the libraries FFmpeg to enable
h263).

3) To play prerecorded files, you need to enable the h263p (for the
moment no way to generate h263 (RFC2190) payload hints tracks).
Prefer using alaw or ulaw codecs to disable transcoding...

Regards,

Borja