[Asterisk-video] Video stream delayed (SIP->3G)

Borja SIXTO borja.sixto at i6net.com
Sat Apr 12 07:33:46 CDT 2008

A new test again :

Remark  : I have a media configuration with a video bandwidth limiter
set to 20000bps

3G handset ----> Asterisk (call SIP) ----> SIP(video)
I have the same problem.
The stream delayed is always the SIP -> 3G video stream.

So I think the delay is in the H324m stack and/or in the Asterisk scheduling methods.

In the SIP -> 3G -> 3Gecho, I have followed an incoming H263 RTP packet. The h263 datas (~1k bytes ethernet) are sliced in 7 RTP packets (200 bytes ethernet, in this case : echo 3G test). Each packets is send with a delay (20ms).
In the case echo3G, the packet are transfered to the destination. So I can say that 1 RTP packet have taken ~7x20ms = ~140ms to be transfered.
All the packets are delayed so, after some seconds, the stream delay is important. After some minutes, the delay is very very very important.

A other case with playmp4 application. In the 3GP hinted file, there are a lot of h263 RTP packets with a size of 1k bytes too. But in this case I don't have any delay.

What do you think about ?

I am analyzing the two source codes...
Sergio, have you an idea ?

Regards,