[Asterisk-video] Video stream delayed (SIP->3G)

Borja SIXTO borja.sixto at i6net.com
Fri Apr 11 10:04:08 CDT 2008

Hi alls,

I am making test with the SIP -> 3G calls.
I have a delay generated by the Asterisk/h324m stack.

Here my test scenarios description :

3G handset ----> Asterisk (3G echo)
All is OK.

SIP(video) ----> Asterisk (video echo)
All is OK.

3G handset ----> Asterisk (call 3G) ----> Asterisk (3G echo)
All is OK.

SIP(video) ----> Asterisk (call 3G) ----> 3G handset
The Audio is OK for the two streams.
The Video from 3G to SIP ok o too.
The Video form SIP to 3G have a very important delay (> some minutes
!!!). If the call is long, the delay increase. But the full video
sequence is complete (It is probably strored in the h324m stack).

SIP(video) ----> Asterisk (call 3G) ----> Asterisk (3G echo)
The Audio is OK for the two streams.
The Video echo have the important delay (> some minutes !!!). Same
result as the previous case.

I am analysing the WireShark capture (Video RTP packets).
I will post the results...

Any body have the same problem ?
Have you an idea ?

Thanks,