[Asterisk-video] need help with codecs

Nico Gundacker nico.gundacker at dynetic.de
Tue Apr 1 04:18:14 CDT 2008

Hello all!

I like to use the app_mp4 from sip.fontventa.com and I was able to install
that on my system. The mp4save and the mp4load applications are working
well, but only playing the mp4 file that were previously created with
mp4save. Even those files I downloaded from the app_mp4 demo page are not
working. Also I was trying a lot of other mp4 files. I took a video-file and
converted that to several mp4-files, with different settings, but none of
these are working. Below you see the asterisk error-message that I received
when using the examples form fontventa page:

MP4ERROR: FindTrackId: Track index doesn't exist - track 3 type hint

MP4ERROR: MP4Array::[]: index 2 of 2: Numerical result out of range

    -- Executing [s at videomail:2] Goto("SIP/2001-081e6820", "s|1") in new
stack

    -- Goto (videomail,s,1)

    -- Executing [s at videomail:1] mp4play("SIP/2001-081e6820",
"/tmp/menu/menu.mp4") in new stack

mp4play /tmp/menu/menu.mp4

found hint track 2

track 1 vide

found hint track 4

track 3 vide

found hint track 6

track 5 vide

I know this is not a help or support forum. But maybe someone of you could
give me a little help. Is there a way to convert video files (for example
avi,mpeg,.) to a mp4 standard, that can be used together with mp4play? Or
how can I fix the error-messages.

Thank you all!

Greetings Nico