[Asterisk-video] Simple vidéo conference

Mihai Balea mihai at hates.ms
Sun Jun 17 14:37:23 CDT 2007

On Jun 12, 2007, at 4:20 PM, John Martin wrote:

> Hi All,
>   Just thought I'd chip in and mention that we have Continuous
> Presence working in a derivative app_conference for H.263, H.261
> and H.264 - up to 16 participants per conference. We're using our
> own codecs I'm afraid so can't share much of what we've done. But
> just to let you know that app_conference has made a good platform
> from which to work. And before anyone gets all upset - we do give
> back as well as take (T.140, VIDEOCAPS, Maxcallbitrate etc).
>   We did find a number of deadlocks in app_conference that were're
> working on producing a patch for - hopefully Mihai will be able to
> review them when we've completed the patch and benefit everyone.
>   We've found that a Core2Duo 2.2GHz can do up to 16 way H.263 CIF
> conference - assuming there are a few common sets of video bitrate/
> resolutions that need to be encoded. For example that would be 16
> decodes, typically 4 encodes but only one view, so only one
> composition and scaling session required. We had to use a lot of
> MMX/SSE to get the performance but it can be done. We found this to
> be a similar performance to OpenMCU.
>
>   Sorry for the delay in getting this to you Mihai.

John,

Sorry for the delayed reply.  I was on vacation over the past week
and had limited internet access.
I would be glad to take a look at any fixes and improvements you
might have, just send me the patches or tell me how you would like to
proceed.
Regarding your work on a derivative app_conference, could you please
give us some more details as to what it entails?

Regards,

Mihai