[Asterisk-video] using the record() command to record a video message

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Wed Jun 13 10:09:24 CDT 2007

Hi

I am trying to use a gxp3000 to record a video message
then call back into asterisk and see the video message.
It does not work.

exten => 20,1,playback(beep)
exten => 20,n,Record(myvideo:gsm)
exten => 20,n,Hangup

exten => 21,1,Playback(myvideo)

I have tried myvideo:h264, myvideo.h263 and nothing worked.

Please note that using myvideo:gsm does create 2 files myvideo.gsm and
myvideo.h264.
It just does not playback any video.

Calling gxp3000 to gxp3000 works just fine for me with asterisk 1.4.4.

When recording I dont see the smaller image of my camera on screen.

How do I record a video message to be replayed???

Jerry