[Asterisk-video] h324m_loopback no audio problem

Tue Jul 24 09:05:11 CDT 2007

Same here with nokia 6630 - video, but no audio.

QQ D wrote:
> Hi, all
> I had managed to make a loopback video call  on a  Motorola  K3  phone but
> there is no audio coming with the video loopback. Is this h324m_loopback
> designed to loop video only or a bug?
>
> Anybody elso has this loopback function working with audio? Another
> question
> is that what is the difference between h324m_loopback and the
> video_loopback
> function?

looks like h324m_loopback does not care about audio at all:

    /* Get frames */
    while ((frame=H324MSessionGetFrame(id))!=NULL)
    {
        /* If it's video */
        if (FrameGetType(frame)==MEDIA_VIDEO)
            /* Send it back */
            H324MSessionSendFrame(id,frame);
        /* Delete frame */
        FrameDestroy(frame);
    }

> As I know, mobiles are using AMR as default audio codec. Is this no
> audio in
> h324m_loopback mode problem to do with AMR codec not officially
> supported in
> this project? (I guess maybe not because h324m_loopback is looping back
> content without decoding them, I'm I right here?)

I think it should work even without AMR codec.

regards
klaus