[Asterisk-video] h324m_loopback no audio problem

Francesco Emmi francesco.emmi at a-tono.com
Tue Jul 24 10:11:03 CDT 2007

Hi,

If I'm  not mistaken loopback send back only video. I think this is
because it was designed by Sergio only for testing purpose.

Francesco

Klaus Darilion wrote:
> Same here with nokia 6630 - video, but no audio.
>
> QQ D wrote:
>> Hi, all
>> I had managed to make a loopback video call  on a  Motorola  K3  phone but
>> there is no audio coming with the video loopback. Is this h324m_loopback
>> designed to loop video only or a bug?
>>
>> Anybody elso has this loopback function working with audio? Another
>> question
>> is that what is the difference between h324m_loopback and the
>> video_loopback
>> function?
>
> looks like h324m_loopback does not care about audio at all:
>
>     /* Get frames */
>     while ((frame=H324MSessionGetFrame(id))!=NULL)
>     {
>         /* If it's video */
>         if (FrameGetType(frame)==MEDIA_VIDEO)
>             /* Send it back */
>             H324MSessionSendFrame(id,frame);
>         /* Delete frame */
>         FrameDestroy(frame);
>     }
>

>> As I know, mobiles are using AMR as default audio codec. Is this no
>> audio in
>> h324m_loopback mode problem to do with AMR codec not officially
>> supported in
>> this project? (I guess maybe not because h324m_loopback is looping back
>> content without decoding them, I'm I right here?)
>
> I think it should work even without AMR codec.
>
> regards
> klaus
>> Thanks a lot for your time!
>> Qiao

Francesco Emmi
A-Tono
Largo Paisiello 5 - 95124 Catania
Tel.: (+39) 095 7365312
http: www.a-tono.com

Information in this email is confidential and may be privileged.
It is intended for the addresses only. If you have received it in error,
please notify the sender immediately and delete it from your system.
You should not otherwise copy it, retransmit it or use or disclose its
content to anyone.
Thank you for your co-operation.