[Asterisk-video] Videoswitch support for MeetMe

Lorenzo Miniero rainmaker at libero.it
Mon Jan 15 10:15:26 MST 2007

Hi Neil,
> Lorenzo,
>
> This looks great!

Thanks a lot, glad you appreciated it!

>> Just use the 'videoswitch' console command to choose which user will
>> be the source of the video in the conference.
>
>> Even if the video features are really simple in the provided patch,
>> I'm really interested in your opinion about it, and I'd really
>> appreciate some feedback on how to enhance it.
>
> One thing that I would add would be to send an AST_CONTROL_VIDUPDATE
> to the source channel when you switch stream. This would cause a Fast
> Update Request to be sent to the source so that they generate an I
> frame and avoid a period of broken video on a switch.
>
> Neil

Great, thanks for the suggestion! I noticed the broken video caused by
missing key-frames on switching, and I was just thinking on how to fix this.
I'll update the code and tell you when it's done.

Cheers,
Lorenzo

--
Lorenzo Miniero, Junior Researcher
Dipartimento di Informatica e Sistemistica
Email: lminiero at gmail.com

--
Il messaggio e' stato analizzato alla ricerca di virus o
contenuti pericolosi da MailScanner, ed e'