[Asterisk-video] Problem with video playback triggered by DTMF

Antoine Fressancourt af.devlist at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 03:03:37 MST 2007

Hello list,

I have a rather tricky video specific issue, and although it doesn't have
much to do with development I hope it is not off topic.

I try to perform video injection during a call using Asterisk. That is, when
two parties A and B are calling each other, I want to be able to play a
video clip to one of the parties when the other play a given DTMF. In order
to do that, I use the application map in the features.conf configuration
file. I put in line an abstract of my configuration files :

-- sip.conf --

[8160]
type=friend
username=8160
secret=******
host=dynamic
context=default
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=h263
dtmfmode=info
canreinvite=yes
insecure=very

-- features.conf --

[applicationmap]
test => 9,peer,Playback,hello-world ; hello-world is a sound clip
testVideo => 8,peer,Playback,/tmp/test ; /tmp/test is a video clip encoded
with GStreamer

-- extensions.conf --

exten => 8160,1,Set(DYNAMIC_FEATURES=test#testVideo)
exten => 8160,n,Dial(SIP/8160)

When I call an extension which only performs a Playback of the video clip,
the clip is played correctly in the soft phone.

I tried two configurations :
- When canreinvite is set to "no", When I push the "8" button, i.e. when I
emit a DTMF holding "8" as a data, the sound of the video is played to the
other party but the video doesn't show up.
- When canreinvite is set to "yes", although the DTMF method is set to info
and I receive the INFO message holding "8", Asterisk doesn't trigger any
Playback action.

Do you have any clue or experience with such a problem ?

Thank you in advance for your answers,

Antoine