[Asterisk-video] Videoswitch support for MeetMe

Neil Stratford neils at vipadia.com
Mon Jan 15 09:43:36 MST 2007

Lorenzo,

This looks great!

> Just use the 'videoswitch' console command to choose which user will be
> the source of the video in the conference.

> Even if the video features are really simple in the provided patch, I'm
> really interested in your opinion about it, and I'd really appreciate
> some feedback on how to enhance it.

One thing that I would add would be to send an AST_CONTROL_VIDUPDATE to
the source channel when you switch stream. This would cause a Fast
Update Request to be sent to the source so that they generate an I frame
and avoid a period of broken video on a switch.

Neil
Neil Stratford - http://www.vipadia.com/ - sip:call at vipadia.com
Vipadia Limited :: VoIP Research and Development