[Asterisk-video] Choice of Digium ISDN card to setup a H324M gateway

Arnold P. Siboro asiboro at maltech.jp
Tue Aug 7 06:19:18 CDT 2007

I am using Longshine LCS-8051 ISDN PCI card (a HFC-S card), and
h324m_loopback works with these 3 handsets:

DoCoMo FOMA P901i
Samsung V804SS (a.k.a Z540 outside Japan)
Motorola A1000

So I can say that libh324m works with this ISDN card, though I still
have some problem to achieve my target of building a SIP-H.324M gateway
for my SIP application. The problem seems to be codec problem though.

BTW, Longshine LCS-8051 is cheap compared to Digium cards (around 26
euros), perfect for those who are just testing first, or just building a
small system. I did spend a lot of time due to troubles trying to build
a system which is a combination of these:
 -easy to configure for Asterisk novice (i.e., I use Trixbox)
 -uses Asterisk 1.4, because libh324m requires it
 -works with HFC-S card
So if you got the money, perhaps the best way is to go with Digium,
I never used ones, though.

Pada Tue,  7 Aug 2007 10:50:05 +0200
si "Sergio Garcia" <sergio.garcia at fontventa.com> bilang:

> Hi Antoine,
>
> As you stated the I've got reports of people using sucessfully the
> following cards:
>
> # Digium TE410P @ E1
> # Digium TE405P @ E1
> # Digium TE407P @ E1
>
> I think that most Digium cards will perform fine (including the ones you mentioned).
> If anyone has used any other cards, could you report it to the list please??
>
> Best regards
> Sergio

Arnold P. Siboro (asiboro at maltech.jp)

"A lie can travel half-way around the world while truth puts on its shoes."
                                         -- Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)