[Asterisk-video] sip/iax2 h.264 video?

Tyler Daniel tyler at rosette-research.com
Tue Dec 19 02:46:30 MST 2006

On Tue, 2006-12-19 at 10:04 +0100, Olle E Johansson wrote:

> http://svn.digium.com/view/asterisk/branches/1.4/doc/video.txt?view=markup

Hi, thanks for the link.  I guess what I find confusing is:  various
documentation says that both sip and iax2 support video calls in the 1.4
series, but most comments on this list are to the effect that video in
iax2 is "severely broken."  Does this mean perhaps that video calls can
be made to happen, but the mechanism [particularly the negotiation
protocol] needs improvement to be more robust/clean/effective?

Just trying to understand the current state of things before I get in
over my head..

Tyler